Simpoh Malesia

All about learning Dillenia

Monday, May 07, 2007

Dillenia pulchella

Previously on my trip in search of Dillenia albiflos, i had taken this opportunity to go hunting for Dillenia pulchella likewise. On the left is the photo of D. pulchella, the tree is almost leafless. It is far to high for me to get a sample and the habit in the swampy area causing more difficulties exploring the jungle. Therefore, i just managed to collect a few dried leaves for my anatomical studies. The results weren't that good either. The leaves of this species has entire margin compared to the rest of other species in Peninsular Malaysia that has toothed and serrate margin. The leaves' reticulation are clear on both sides. I'm longing to see this species again to get a baucher of it if possible as my searched for it at KL Lake Garden (Taman Tasik Titiwangsa) failed to give me a result although being recorded a few times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home